The Malta Co-operative Federation has taken up the Malta Government’s invitation to provide feedback on the White Paper and Social Enterprise Bill launched in June 2015.
The Federation is pleased to note that Government is addressing this long awaited legislation. The proposed Bill is intended to create a structure whereby Maltese social enterprises will be regulated and recognised as authentic social enterprises.
The MCF has submitted its comments and recommendations on the White Paper and the proposed Social Enterprise Act as it is being proposed by Government wherein it highlights the areas where the Federation disagrees categorically with the Bill, in particular that:
- social enterprises in Malta are to be distinguished by their legal form;
- limited liability social enterprise companies are given ‘preferred’ treatment when compared to co-operative and other legal forms of social enterprise.
The Malta Co-operative Federation’s recommendations document on the White Paper and the proposed Social Enterprise Act which is being made available to the general public (see link below) will give the reader insight as to why the Federation has its reservations on these proposals. We invite those entities who share similar opinions to those expressed in our proposals, to comment on this page or to send us an email on email@example.com
- Malta Co-operative Federation’s feedback on the White Paper and Social Enterprise Bill – 24th July 2015
- Social Enterprise Bill – June 2015
- White Paper on the Social Enterprise Act – June 2015
Rolan Micallef Attard
Malta Co-opeative Federation